Effective July 1, 2022, the City of Chicago requires that all employees receive 2 hours of sexual harassment training. The first hour is the state-required training that we have done for three years. Now, there will be a second hour of “bystander” training. This training is MANDATORY. Union members will be paid 1 hour for completing this training outside of work hours. Salaried employees can do the training during the workday. It is offered in English, Spanish, and Polish. In addition, Supervisors must have a third hour of training. We will let you know when that is available.
Due to some recent incidents we would like all employees to review the following rules:
- Punch out for Lunch: If you leave the premises at lunch, which includes walking to pick up something to eat, or exiting through the company gate, you must punch out when you leave and punch back in when you return. This is required for insurance purposes. Late returns from lunch are docked in 15-minute increments: 1 to 15 minutes late, lose 15 minutes pay; 16 to 30 minutes late, lose 30 minutes pay.
- Breaks: As stated in the union contract, employees get two breaks. For employees working a regular 8-hour shift the breaks are 8:00-8:10 a.m. and 10:00-10:10 a.m. For employees who work more than 8 hours, the breaks are 10:00-10:10 and 2:00-2:10.
- Leave after end of Shift: Employees should be out of the building and leave the parking lot within 15 minutes of the end of the shift. Unless authorized to work overtime, employees should not remain in the building. An employee who must stay later (waiting for a ride, etc.) shall notify his/her supervisor or the Plant Manager.
- 5-Minute Wash Period: The 5-minute wash-up period means the last 5 minutes of the shift.
This year the criteria for a wellness discount is a visit to your primary care physician. If covered by Dudek & Bock insurance, your spouse will also receive a discount. $10 per pay period for an employee, plus $10 per pay period for your husband or wife. Download a copy of the flyer here: Wellness Discount Form
Printable copy: Fair Workweek Notice
For employees with the Eyemed vision plan, there are several sales available now:
- Target Optical® Up to $50 off 1st complete pair or up to $150 off an annual supply of contact lenses and 40% off additional complete pairs of glasses. Offer expires 6/30/22.
- LensCrafters® Bonus $100 off prescription sunglasses, combinable with vision benefits. Offer expires 6/30/22.
- Pearle Vision® 50% off 2nd pair with Transitions® Lenses. Offer expires 7/5/22.
Visit member.eyemedvisioncare.com or the EyeMed App
Register and sign in
Select Special Offers and shop
Trade shows are a source of new business for exhibitors. For the past couple of years, due to COVID, there have been few opportunities to attend trade shows. Michael Dudek is currently at the Del Mar show, one of the largest shows west of the Mississippi with several hundred exhibitors. Michael is displaying our capabilities in the Automotive, Appliance and Building industries.